Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Missions Update

Well, just wanted to let everyone whose been asking me know that, yes, we are raising money for our trip. We've raised almost half of the money we need and so appreciate everyone who has blessed us financially. I can't even describe how it feels to know that people believe in the Kingdom of God planted in us and are willing to sow into that. Thanks to all of you who have generously given. We need to have most of our funds in by June 10th so we can purchase our tickets. In the meantime our van has died! My old faithful Pearl, I can hardly bear it. Nice Guy will be going and cleaning out the contents (because I can't! sniff!) and we'll be donating it to Goodwill this week. God is teaching me how to trust in Him! We had agreed not to have another car payment and well, by golly, we just don't have $10,000 sitting in the bank right now. Fortunately, we can get by on one car with Nice Guy's work schedule, so I've been driving the truck around, but it's just not the same...I'll miss you Pearl!

Also, we will be going to get shots in two weeks. Can you say typhoid? Please pray for us regarding this that we don't have any side effects from the shots!

Today I was so blessed! Something that's been on my heart for many, many years came to pass. I was able to go to a local women's shelter and love on, pray for and minister to the ladies there. My friend Hope taught a lesson on God the Father's plan to redeem mankind through Jesus from the "foundation of the world!" It was excellent! And then we prayed for the ladies. They were so thankful we came, thanking us over and over again until I wanted to say, "No! Thank you for letting ME come."

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Hope_G said...

Time for another post!! :)